Monday 10 June 2019

WaterBirth by Chennai Mom

My birthing story
Warning!! Long post!! 😁😁
almost 3 yrs back...my sister had a beautiful water birth. she was blessed with a baby boy.. and tht chngd my perception about child birth. I too wanted to do a water birth too just like hers(no two deliveries are the same. my bubble popped when i was n labour). So as soon as i got pregnant i came to chennai and went to the right place and met the right people. Bloom hospital Dr.Kavitha gautham and Dr.Jayashree .. i went to prenatal classes which was conducted by Dr.jayashree... got to learn many things about exercises during pregnancy, child birth and infant care. trust me you must attend her classes. one must be aware of whts gng to happen and wht to expect. And during every check ups Dr.nazeem would make sure all my doubts are cleared. She would explain things so well which made me so comfortable. Stress free.
I was due on march 27th.. but nothing went as per plan.
Dr.Kavitha was patient enough with me and agreed to wait a lil longer... on 2nd April arnd 1330hrs pain started .. arnd 1830hrs was the real pain.. phew!! and Dr.jayashree was thr with me from 1600hrs. Making me do exercises and making sure i was well hydrated. my birthing partners (hubby and sister) were also really helpful. and i doubt any other hospital will allow this.. i was so comfortable with my people around. also the nurses who helped me during this time. Hats off to sister Raji. she s amazing!!! i would suggest you listen to doc Jayashree... when she says eat .. you better eat. worked for me..!! so arnd 7ish they took me to the labour room.. hmmm... i went straight to the wester closet. given a chance i would have delivered thr. lol. but thts not what i wanted. so i went to the pool.. nice luke warm water..soothing when i didnt hav contractions 😜 and exercises... just listen to wht ppl tell you. DO NOT RESIST! DO AS TOLD is the key. arnd 2040hrs i remember my husband telling me "babys head is in my hand" just one push away.. and at 2048hrs my baby girl was in my arms!! They let my husband take the baby out and he gave her to me...which made it even more special..also he got the opportunity to cut the cord...most beautiful moment in my life..!!!
Dr.Sathiya priya stitched me up... luckily perineum massages(must do) helped. just few stitches..healed soon. 🙏🙏 Dr.Kavitha Gautham came to see me after the delivery 🙂 her presence always boosts my confidence.
Rest i dont remember ... i was just too excited 😁
Really thankful to Dr.Kavitha Gautham & her team and Dr.Jayashree for giving me such a beautiful birthing experience. A big thank you to all the nurses and other staff members who helped me thru this process 😊🙏
Mistakes I made :
* Didn't knw the value of medicine ball. Please buy if possible. Helped a lot during labour.. Even post delivery will b helpful to workout.
* Ate ice-cream every day!! (sugar cravings) try to control as much as u can.
* Workout before conceiving. You need a lot of stamina for the whole process

No comments:

Post a Comment